Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Thursdays

This has become my typical Thursday- my day off work while the kids are at school-

I got up this morning and took the boy to school. After that, the girl and I hit the grocery store to pick up a couple things so I could make a lasagna for our friend Tim's birthday dinner (I volunteered to cook him dinner for his birthday) and cat food.

After that, I took the girl to school. When we got there, they were doing "morning movement" (i.e. dancing). I left at morning snack time and went home to work on cleaning my kitchen- it was TERRIBLE. I did 2 1/2 loads of dishes. Then I cleaned both bathrooms, did 5 loads of laundry, and cleaned both fish tanks.

The husband ran out to get pellets for the stove while I was cleaning, so when he came home, we unloaded 1/2 ton of pellets- 9 loads with 1 40 lb bag (down the stairs to the basement). Then I cleaned the litter box, and took a 20 minute bath while reading my book.

I was pretty much out of time by then, so I ran out to pick up the kids from school, and came back home. When we got home, I put on the ingredients for marinara sauce, home made apple sauce, and the pasta with sausage I was making for dinner. After we ate, I cooked meat and assembled 2 lasagnas. Then I swept and mopped the kitchen and folded all of the kids' laundry.

It is now 11:30, and I've just sat down for really just about the first time today. I am beat. Of course, I have another sink full of dishes from cooking so much today, but I just can't do another thing today. Ugh.

No comments: