Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yeah, yeah... I've been slacking

So, I don't really know why I started this blog anymore. I'm TERRIBLE at keeping up with these things- I think this is the third or fourth blog I've started, then gotten bored with a month or two in. Story of my life, really- I have a very short attention span for certain things- like cars, work... Men... LOL. Just kidding, sort of.

I've been doing really well lately on most fronts. The one thing that's not going so well is sleeping. I simply can not get to sleep anymore. I've NEVER had trouble sleeping- it's a really new thing- and I HATE it! I lay in bed awake every night till 1, 2, 3 in the morning. Of course, I still have to be up at 7 (really should be up by 6, but you know how it is when you don't get to sleep till 3...), so then I'm dragging the next day, thinking I'll be in bed by 10. Go to bed at ten, just to lay there awake again. Very frustrating.

I just ran out of my anti-depressants and I don't think I'm going to refill them. For some reason I think they have something to do with my lack of sleep- like maybe my depression magically went away (I've been on the pills a year now, after all) and they're making me manic? I don't know. I do know that St. Johns Wart has been working well for my husband for the last several months, so I'm going to try that for a while. I used St. Johns Wart for a bit before I went the chemical route, and it didn't work, but that was in the depths of my depression. I've been feeling so good lately, I just don't know if the term "depressed" even applies to me anymore. Which is a good thing!

Well, I'm going to try to better about keeping this thing up, but no promises (not even to myself, since I'm really the only one who reads this thing).

3 comments:

LisaD said...

Hey! I've been reading! :D

Shelby said...

I know what you mane about the sleep problem... never ever had a problem with it until the past year or so.

When I am at a loss of what to blog I find a "carnival" to join for the day and it gives me something new to blog about. My favorites are Wordless Wednesday (post a picture and no words) and my friend Katie does a Saturday Salad that I like to do because it forces me to try a new recipe each week. I have some fun buttons on my blog of events - like the 52 Pictures of Mom... forces me to get in front of the camera. Just in case you need one more thing on your plate... Mom's are never busy, right? :)

Shelby said...

Hey, I've got something for your to blog about... I tagged you in a meme at my blog. Come on over and check it out.

www.schweristories.blogspot.com