Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There are things I need to work on...

I know, I really pull off the "super mom" thing pretty well in public. I mostly manage my life- school, work, kids, housework, cooking... I really try to do it all. However, it's stressful and I'm not always the kindest, most understanding mother. As a matter of fact, this is probably the thing that bothers me most about "me". So, these are things I want to work on:

Lighten up on Aiden. He's an almost 8 year old boy- he is a child who has energy that needs to be used.

My children need more positive reinforcement from me. Less yelling.

Aiden and Kaya are wonderful children- they deserve to be talked to with respect and love.

Be kind when they make mistakes- they're just children.

Use time more efficiently for less stress. Don't take stress and exhaustion out on them.

Spend less time playing on the computer- it wastes time you could spend playing with your children.

This blog is going to be rededicated to working on these goals. I know that seems counter-productive since one of my goals is to spend less time playing on the computer, but this won't take the hours I literally waste every day messing around on the computer.

I need to get these things together. It bothers me that I have these faults, and I want to work through them. It's not ok for me to juggle a super busy life at the expense of my children. It's time to get the balance back.

No comments: