Friday, March 26, 2010

Whine, Whine, Cry, Cry

What is WITH my children this week? My formerly sweet and extremely (for the last year or so) well behaved daughter and my always mellow and laid back son are no longer their normal mellow and well behaved selves! Maybe mean mommy is more effective? As soon as I resolved to be more understanding of their quirks, their quirks seem to have gone THROUGH THE ROOF!!
I swear, Kaya has not stopped talking in a week. I don't even know if she's taken a breath or chewed any food. It has literally been non-stop "blah blah blah" since last weekend.
And Aiden! EVERY LITTLE THING sends him into a crying jag. Oh, you were fighting with your sister and I said no stories tonight? BWAAAAHHHH!!! Aiden, you need to finish your dinner before you can go play- BWAAAAHHH! Aiden, brush your hair before school- BWAHHHHH! I'd blame it on exhaustion, but I've tried to send him to bed at 8 (his bedtime!) every night this week (he was in bed past 8 only once!) and he just can't get to sleep- claims he's not tired!
Kaya, though- she might be tired. She, unlike most NORMAL human beings, seems to get MORE energy when she's tired. Today, her sleepies were showing though- she had dark circles (that she, luckily for her, didn't inherit from me- Aiden got those), and was just kind of dragging. That meant no climbing on the coffee table (I caught her doing that twice this week, by the way- she's NEVER done that, and both kids know they don't mess with the furniture!) but it didn't stop her or even slow her down in the talking department.

Let's hope next week is a little easier. I don't want to be that awful screaming, threatening mom, but I also don't want heathens for children- I'll be mean mom before I'll have rotten brats.

Balance, young grasshopper, balance.

No comments: