Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today was a good day

Both kids went to bed on time last night. Aiden actually went to sleep before 9. He was well rested, and when he got up this morning, was behaving like my sweet boy, not the grouch that had taken over his body for the last several weeks.

Once Kaya and I got him off to school, she and I went to McDonalds (Eww, I know) and got fruit and yogurt parfaits (well, I had a fruit and walnut salad- for which the lady behind the counter gave me a package of caramel apple dip. Why?) and coffee. She played on the play structure while I continued to attempt to read ahead in my environmental science book. After about 45 minutes, we wrapped it up and went to the library. We found the books we wanted and were on our way out the door when the nice man up in Children's Services told us that story time started in about 1/2 hour. We had been planning a hike, but instead decided to go for a walk around Muskegon, play at Hackley Park (no swings or anything, but a few cool statues and a walk way of hexagonal paver bricks that we played "don't step on the cracks" on), and just generally hanging out. When we returned to the library, we gathered in the story time room where Mr. Jim read a couple of stories, taught the children a fun song, then the children did an activity where they made a nest with a bird (a peep) and some eggs (jelly beans). It was so fun.

After that, Kaya and I came home and I made home made chicken nuggets and frozen tater tots and peas for lunch. While we ate, she watched a Care Bears movie and then I cleaned the kitchen and we went to get Aiden from school.

After school, we went straight to Clear Springs for a hike, but decided we were all in the mood for a trail run. We had such a great time!

It's been a wonderful day. Now I'm going to put chicken in the oven for some pasta alfredo and I'm going to work on getting the last of the leaves out of my front yard.

I LOVE Spring!

No comments: